Articles, Journals, & More | Library Databases
Library Databases - N
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
- With digital facsimile images of both full pages and clipped articles for hundreds of 19th century U.S. newspapers and advanced searching capabilities, researchers will be able to research history in ways previously unavailable. For each issue, the newspaper is captured from cover-to-cover, providing access to every article, advertisement and illustration.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts
- The National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts Database is an information clearinghouse for people around the U.S. and the world involved with research, policy, and practice related to criminal and juvenile justice, and drug control.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts via ProQuest
- Covers literature related to research, policy and practice in criminal and juvenile justice and drug control. Search over 189,000 U.S. and international publications, including federal, state and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, audiovisual presentations and unpublished research.
News (AP, UPI, etc.) via EBSCOhost
- EBSCO's AP News provides near real-time access to top world-wide news from Associated Press on a continuous basis.
This collection includes AP Top News, WorldStream, Financial News, AP Online, U.S. Politics & Government and 50 State
Reports. The index to the full text content in AP News is held for a rolling 30-day archive by EBSCO, so users can
enjoy the previous 30 days of news relating to their search interests.
- New York Times (1851-2008) via ProQuest
- This historical newspaper provides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
- Newspaper Source via EBSCOhost
- Cover to cover full text for 25 national and international newspapers, and selective coverage of over 335 regional US papers.
U.S. Newspapers via Gale
- Includes hundreds of historical newspapers from cover to cover.
- North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries, Oral Histories via Alexander Street Press
- Includes 2,162 authors and approximately 100,000 pages of information about immigration between 1800 and 1950.
- North American Indian Thought and Cultures via Alexander Street Press
- Contains approximately 27,000 pages of text and images. Included are biographies, autobiographies, personal narratives, speeches, diaries, letters, and oral histories.
- North American Theatre Online via Alexander Street Press
- Contains 834 plays by 124 playwrights, together with detailed, fielded information on related productions, theaters, production companies, and more.
- North American Women's Drama via Alexander Street Press
- Contains 1021 plays by 247 playwrights, together with information on related productions, theaters, production companies, and more.
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries via Alexander Street Press
- Includes the immediate experiences of 1,325 women and 150,000 pages of diaries and letters.
- NoveList via EBSCOhost
- A comprehensive reader’s advisory resource.